Sunday, October 9, 2016

Hannah Almaden
Melinda Schroeder
English 101
10/5/16   

Blog Post #2: Practice Narrative Writing

The air begins to grow cold and crisp, as the sun starts to sink below the treetops; painting the sky with vibrant colors. Music quietly dances in the background while the joyful conversation of my peers slowly becomes the only sound echoing into the distance; everything else is still.
Dusk creeps in, and the shadows swallow our surroundings. My fists start to clinch as numbness begins to prick the tips of my fingers, so I cup my hands, letting out a warm breath to bring back the feeling. The glow of the fire gently flickers across the faces and bodies of my family and friends, quietly snapping and crackling behind all of our noise. I quickly lean back to avoid the children who rush in front of me, running towards the picnic table to tear open their bags of marshmallows. Laughing, I look at everyone around me - there’s not a cell phone in sight. Everyone we enjoy is right here with us. I can smell the damp, fresh scent of the nature that lingers around me while I sit still in my chair, holding a can of soda, thinking to myself how there is no place I would rather be. The fire pops and lets out a puff of smoke, sending tiny, glowing, bits of ash floating into the sky. Slowly one by one, everyone disappears into their tents or campers, until the fire is the only thing left awake. We all can’t wait for tomorrow night, when we will proudly wear the strong scent pine and campfire once again.

I commented on Makayla's and Cameron's blogs.

4 comments:

  1. I really like how you used the show instead of tell. I find it hard to write only using show but you used so much detail that it kept me reading to try and figure out where you were.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with the details, It was like I was actually there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job! I really liked your description of the fire and the way it illuminates the people around you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved every word that you used!It perfectly described the scenery! I love to go camping as well and love it when I get to cook marshmallows over the fire to make smores.

    ReplyDelete